A community of people who are pursuing day and night prayer and the uniting of the body of Christ at asu

October 04, 2006

Man Rescued From Suicide

A middle-aged man stopped in the prayer tent, asking to talk to a counselor. I pulled him aside to talk, and he began to share that he had fallen back into drinking for the first time in years, left his family for the time being, and was planning on committing suicide that very day!

I shared that what he was experiencing was a deeper emptiness and loneliness that can only be filled by a relationship with Jesus. He was very open the whole time. He then asked, "What do I need to do then? Should I buy a book and read about Jesus?" I told him that was a good thing, but that we should really pray to ask Jesus to come into his life and free him. Though he didn't feel ready at this time, my sister and I had the opportunity to pray for him.

During prayer he kept saying, "Thank You, Jesus...thank You, Jesus." The Spirit of God was stirring around the tent powerfully! Afterwards, he realized that he could not make it in his own strength anymore. As he left, he said, "Thanks, I feel much lighter. Woo!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home