A community of people who are pursuing day and night prayer and the uniting of the body of Christ at asu

October 08, 2006

Girl's Testimony of God's Touch

Here's the testimony from Micah, from the above post at the prayer tent:

Praying In the Night

It’s amazing how any measure of hurt and bitterness can be wiped away in a split second… but that’s God for you! God is moving at ASU, and I felt it firsthand at the prayer tent. How can you go from feeling like your hope is collapsing and your vigor for the struggle is waning to feeling fulfilled and at peace a minute later? I had never experienced anything like it.

We were singing praises on Friday, which had lifted my spirit, but I began to feel unhappy again as the music died down. Yet, as I listened to people pray, I experienced a feeling that was completely foreign to me. I felt unbelievably happy and at peace; there was a quaking inside of me that spread to the outside, and I couldn’t move. My entire body tingled; I was breathless and couldn’t stop shaking. Tears streamed from my eyes as the weight that had been pressing upon my heart was lifted!

The words that come to mind when I think about my experience are beauty, power, release, and assurance. I know that what I felt was God. He was answering my doubt and fears… and what an answer! I think a lot of people at the tent felt the Holy Spirit moving, and I think God was answering our prayers and making us aware of His presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home