A community of people who are pursuing day and night prayer and the uniting of the body of Christ at asu

October 23, 2006

Doubt

This next posting is not in chronological order with my previous posting, but that's how my mind works. Last Tuesday during my small group with Campus Crusade, one of our guys started alot of tough questions about the Lord. I felt burdened to pray for him, and as I was doing so I heard God say, "We got him, Joel". After the meeting, he went to speak with one of our leaders, and I felt it would be good to spend some time in prayer for him. Going to the prayer house, I spent some time there helping folks move into the chapel. I was going to leave when Chris asked me if I needed any prayer. Recently, I had been struggling with doubt that would continue to crop up even after speaking with God about it. I would have to run through all the evidence in my mind and convince myself over and over throughout any given week. The real shocker was when doubt crept into my mind during worship, becasue worship is when I feel closest to God. Anyway, Chris and Ashley started praying for me and I just felt the peace of the Holy Spirit come over me in a way that I had not felt in a long time. I spent awhile just lying on the floor, basking in his presence like a child leaning on his father. Doubt washed away, and so did a sense of guilt for not having shared the gospel with my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home